clickin' Moms

Sunday, March 23, 2008

My first official photo shoot...

My friend Kathy was kind enough to let me take pictures of her and her little girl this week. They turned out excellent and I learned many, many things from taking their pictures.



It's amazing how all of Hope's lessons come flooding back when you start actually taking pictures of people and realize what you're doing wrong! hehehe... It was a great day though and I'm glad they let me get some experience with them. Take a look and tell me what you think!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Great photo's. Theres some I wish weren't so shadowy but I understand given that you were using available light it was unavoidable.

Rebecca McKay said...

Oh, good for you! I know the flooding back feeling though...it happens all of the time with my boys.

Hope Walls said...

Nice job, Lariena! I promise, the more you shoot, the less you have to think about it. Ask for MORE volunteers!

I think the 'shadowy' parts were intended to keep the subjects from having to squint into the sun. In order to expose for those darker areas you have to remember to *tell* the camera to expose for a darker area - metering would have been best accomplished by using spot metering and aiming for onw fo the shadowerd cheeks, or setting you av+/- up a couple of stops.